Thursday, February 25, 2010

be my samurai


This is honestly the best thing I've heard in a while.  I started seeing the Ninja video (below) posted all over "the interwebs" as South African bad ass trio Die Antwoord calls it.  But not until a few days ago when I watched a video of theirs on my girl Haydens blog Featherheaded, did I realize what I was missing out on.  Comprised of Ninja, a gritty rapping skinny motherfucker, Yo-Landi Vi$$ar, who appears to be a delicate little flower and then slices your head off (not to mention rocking one of the coolest haircuts ever) and DJ HI - TECH who drops the next level beats. It's raw, arrogant in the best of ways and completely infectious.  But what really hooked me was Yo- Landi Vi$$ar leaving delicate electronic  footprints all over the place on one track and then spitting her rhymes in your face on another.  These kids are gonna be big.

1 comment: